Tomorrow Never Knows (But Yesterday Sometimes Does)

 

 

Was originally based on a D-Day diary entry by Anne Frank on 6/6/1944 and The Beatles' studio diary for 6/6/1966, but ended up being about being immortal and living on a beach and endless sunset experiences, but do you really want that forever? It would get boring. Life's a beach even when you're 250 years old.

 

*** 

 

Tomorrow never knows
But yesterday sometimes does
This is the day
To find a life that always was

Think I’m going to live forever
(Would you want to live forever?)

Sandy shores in sunlight fades
As it washes away today
A meeting place where water lands
A sudden shift from sea to sand

Think I’m going to live forever
(Would you really want to live forever?)

Transitions from sea to land
Old fashions to another trend
Tomorrow never knows
But yesterday sometimes does

Think I’m going to live forever
(Would you really want to live forever?)  

Copyright 2026 Lee Barry. Rights in lyrics reserved.

6/6/1966

(Beatles Studio Diary) 

Fourth anniversary of Beatles first visit to EMI. In studio for Revolver tracks, “I Want To Tell You”, “Tomorrow Never Knows”, “Eleanor Rigby”. 

6/6/1989 

(Keith Haring Journal)   

 “In Europe since last Thursday....Every time I come to Europe I think I’m going to live forever.”

Popular Posts

Image

Energy Dome

Image

Good Boy

Image

KGNC (KYOK)

Image

Undersong

Image

The Rescuer

Image

Back To Egypt

Image

The Swerve