Ama Lur Sakratua (Sacred Mother Earth)

 


 Attributed to "Gwendolyn Fuchs", but this poet does not exist. That’s not to say it doesn’t have meaning. I wanted to look it up to see if I could find the source. I thought it was Gwendolyn Brooks, but it isn’t attributed to her. To say the source is anonymous is better, but it looks like this was first posted on Facebook, the font of misinformation. 

Basque:

Ama Lur Sakratua

Nire elizak ez du aterik
Nire elizak ez du dorrerik
Besoak beti zabalik ditu
Ez dago epaitzen duen inor

Beti egon da hor
Jaiotzen ginen egunetik
Fida zaitez haren maitasunean
Ama Lur Sakratua

***

English

My church has no doors
my church has no steeple
Her arms are always open
No judgmental people

She has always been there
From the day of our birth
Trust in her love
Sacred Mother Earth 

Popular Posts

Image

Energy Dome

Image

Good Boy

Image

KGNC (KYOK)

Image

Undersong

Image

Window

Image

The Rescuer